Saturday, April 20, 2013

running sucks

I've been trying the C25K thing for a week now and I've learned a few things:

  • C25K was not designed for people who only sit around on the couch.
  • Running alone is much easier than running with a 2 year old, pushing 30+ pounds in a crappy jogging stroller and stopping for kicked off shoes and thrown sippy cups. But hearing him yell "wheee!!" during the running parts is some pretty sweet encouragement.
  • I really need to buy some appropriate jogging clothes. My pants are too big and nearly fall off when I run. I won't even talk about the importance of a good sports bra.
  • If RJ is ever tired and cranky, put him in the stroller and hit the road. He passes out every time.
As much as I want to be a runner, I'm just not (yet!). I know I have to start where I am, but it's very frustrating to be so out of shape. I'm going to be sticking with week one of C25K for a bit longer. I'm still not able to do all of the running segments for this week. When I can, I'll move on to week two.
Slacker.






No comments:

Post a Comment