Friday, February 8, 2013

little fingers and little toes


For Christmas this past year, RJ and I made calenders for all of the grandparents and a few other special friends. All of the pages were made of artwork using RJ's handprints and footprints. We had so much fun making it! The people who received the calenders as a gift loved them. Since I'm such a slow blogger, you get to see January and February today.

Let it snow!
Our art time usually meant getting the handprints or footprints I needed for that page. Later on, I went back and added the details. For the January "Let it Snow!" page, I painted RJ's hand with white paint and got a nice handprint in the middle of a page of blue scrapbook paper. I added white paint at the bottom using a round sponge brush to fill in the snow. The details on the snowmen were added with a marker and little bits of scrapbook paper. The letters were cut on my cricut and the snowflakes were done with a paper punch. I love how it turned out!

I love you!

The February page had to be about Valentines Day! I started out by getting red footprints in the shape of a heart. The footprints didn't really look like a heart, but cutting a heart around them helped. Again the letters were cut out using the cricut. "From the bottom of my heart to the tips of my toes, I love you!" Sweetest Valentine I've ever seen!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm glad to have found your blog! I am terrible about updating mine but I'm going to try to do better this year. I love the hand and foot print crafts you did with RJ. They are so precious! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started following your blog. I'm trying to post more on mine, but we'll see how that goes!

      Delete