Sunday, March 3, 2013

mouska birthday party- success!

The Birthday Boy!
We had RJ's birthday party last weekend. It was so much fun! This was the first party we've had with little kids coming instead of just family. Our house is small, so it was kinda cramped, but we had a great time! I love how all of the DIY projects turned out. Some of them were a lot of work, but totally worth it!
We served "hot diggity dogs" with chips and dip. I warmed the hot dogs in the crock pot and also had chili, cheese and the fixin's. Here's RJ helping get things set up.
Hot Diggity Dogs
I made cupcakes with Mickey Mouse cupcake toppers (using the Cricut). I also made the super cute Mickey Mouse cupcake stand. I basically used this tutorial http://www.annies-eats.com/2010/08/19/how-to-make-a-cupcake-tower/ and made the Mickey out of styrofoam balls. I LOVE the way it turned out!
Mickey Mouse Cupcake Stand
 
I also made Mickey Mouse oreo pops. They turned out so cute, but were so much work!
Mickey Mouse Oreo Pops
 
A picture of me with the birthday boy. We were both worn out by then. You can see a bit of the "Happy Birthday" banner I made, again using the Cricut. And a picture of just the banner.
 

Mickey Birthday Banner
 
 

 


 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment