Tuesday, February 19, 2013

meeska, mooska, mouska birthday party!

I can't believe RJ will be two years old this week! The time has gone by way too fast. We are going to celebrate with a Mickey Mouse themed birthday party this weekend. Mickey Mouse and the gang seem to as popular as ever. Every kid I know loves the show and RJ is no exception. I've been working on making his party special with some handmade details. I found so many ideas on Pinterest. I had to limit what I would make, would I would buy and what I would just wish I could have!

The invitations were something I could definitely make myself. Here is what I ended up with:
 
I used my cricut and the Mickey and Friends cartridge to cut the shape of Mickey's head in black and red. I used the shadow function to make the yellow piece. The red head was cut into a semi-circle and attached just around the edge to make a pocket. I downloaded a Mickey font and a Disney font for the actual invitation part. It was printed on white card stock and cut using a circle shape from the Classic Font cartridge and the center cut feature. I had to play around with it and use some trial and error to get the size right. For the finishing touch, I hot glued buttons on the red pocket. I love the way they turned out! I think using the Mickey and Disney fonts made it perfect. If you don't have a cricut, the basic shapes would be easy to make (but the cricut sure does help!). Hope you like them! 

5 comments:

  1. what size did you use on cricut to make each piece? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I THINK the heads were 5 1/2 inches and the circle was 3 1/2. I made them to fit some envelopes I already had. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. What about the red semicircles? I am having trouble sizing those to match perfectly with the black because the cricut only cuts in .25" increments and the black head is not at a .25 increment. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red semi-circles were actually Mickey heads with the tops cut off. Hope that helps!

      Delete